Sunday, October 21, 2012

Around the House, Inside and Out


 It has been a perfect fall this year with great weather and beautiful scenery. I think we are now in the "peak" of the season. I absolutely love the mature trees in our neighborhood, as well as just about every other single thing about it.





Here is Maddie trying to squeeze in her 60 minutes of viola practice. Her schedule is full with three hours of jumprope, an hour of gymnastics, and an hour of swimming. She is a busy girl who would love to do more.


I re-did the framed pics in Maddie's room by painting and hot glueing some words on each one. I replaced the insect prints with some favorite black and white photos. We also found the wall hanging above her bed for three dollars at a yardsale. You know I love a bargain. Kent gave her one of his music stands.



Our basement has been slowly coming together.  We purchased the sectional new, and I replaced the throw pillows. Dad and Mel gave me the personalized Cali one as an early birthday present. I love it. The media cabinet and coffee table came from craigslist. We just ordered fireplace accessories, and I am contemplating wall colors. I am thinking a straw color would look nice, or perhaps a light blue . . . what do you think? I am open to suggestions.


No comments: