Friday, November 01, 2013

My Birthday!


I turned 39 last weekend, and I was pretty excited about our plans. I planned for the four of us to go horseback riding in the mountains, and I hoped for good weather and beautiful fall foliage. I was not disappointed. The girls were so excited, and the weather turned our perfect. I was worried about Sophie feeling nervous and apprehensive, but she enjoyed the whole experience!






The view was so lovely!

We had a really great day together!



After the trail ride, we returned home for some football and food with our family. My mom and Jim joined us for some Chinese food delivery, as did Kent's parents. It was such a nice evening!


I made my own cake, which was something I was looking forward to. It was a pumpkin cake from scratch and delicious! It wasn't the prettiest of cakes since I threw it together for our 6 o'clock gathering after our ride, but none of it went to waste. I am considering making one for Thanksgiving!


The girls helped me blow out the candles since I came down with a terrible cold the week before. I loved my birthday. Who knew turning 39 would be so perfect!


No comments: