Friday, October 10, 2008

Maddie, All Grown Up


Madeline is changing every day, very quickly, much too quickly, if you ask me. Even though these changes make me a bit sad, I am so proud of her.  

Thursday, she participated in her first "invitation only" gymnastics class.  She loved it, of course.  She is the youngest in the group, and the tallest. 

 Madeline is also a Girl Scout now.  She had her first meeting today, and starting next week, I'll be helping out with her group from 4:00 until 5:30.  

Maddie's biggest accomplishment this week, though, is passing her sight words test at school!  Yeah Maddie!  In order for Maddie to move her cloud onto the rainbow, she had to learn 10 "red" words (see, we, have, are, etc).  And now that Maddie has learned all the "red" words, we'll start working on 10 more "orange" words.  She'll have to learn 10 words for each color of the rainbow in order to make it to the (oh so elusive) pot of gold.  I can't begin to describe how much Kindergarten has changed since I taught it 8 years ago . . .


No comments: