Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Marek Fire

Monday's Marek fire was really close to where I work. And although many of the schools near mine were closed, mine was open. So, off to work I went commmuting directly into the plume of smoke and fire. I had a sore throat and a massive head ache by the end of the day.

This picture was taken about 7 miles from my work:


This was about 4 miles from work:


Here, I am right in the "thick" of things, less than a mile from work. It is normally super light and bright at this time of the morning, but as you can see, it looks more like night.

4 comments:

Jessica and Adam said...

Yummy air!

Jennifer said...

You know you miss Socal! What do you miss most: 100 degrees in October, fires, or shopping carts?

L&T said...

DDAANNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That got close didn't it. That sucks. Pacoima should've been evacuated

Carrie said...

Shopping Carts? What do you mean?